22 March, 2007

the best reason to crucify Oprah now

Twenty times a day for the last month middle-aged women have called HPB to ask if we have this book:



Pretty innocuous looking, eh? I just read this review in the Voice -- it's the most despicable thing I've ever heard of. And the quote from the Chickensoup fucker doesn't help:

"Since I learned the Secret and started applying it to my life, my life has truly become magical. I live in a four-and-a-half million dollar mansion, I have a wife to die for, I get to vacation in all the fabulous spots of the world."

The worst part is the creeping dread that in six months the used books market will be absolutely flooded with this. Be warned. If it hasn't already, it will infect your mom, too.

Only cthulhu can save us now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home