02 April, 2006

lighter later! lighter later!



Spring break is over, and spring commences in a scholastic capacity tomorrow morning at eleven. Last week was quiet, but relaxing. So each night we've been getting an episode or 2 further into Lost (no, I haven't followed that link yet; spoil nothing for me, dammit). That show is amazingly good.

So tonight at work I was filling the yogurt case, and out of the corner of my eye I see this little boy dart towards the yoplait, apparently away from his sister (these kids are like 5) who, pushing the cart, calls after him, "Stephen! You're the brakes! Come back Stephen!" Funny, right? Not to me, at first. Somehow my brain turned the clock forward 20 years to when these kids are living in low-income housing, and the sister has a chemical dependancy which she blames on her brother (why? I'm not going to get that dark), and she says during an emotional phone conversation - "You're the BRAKES, Stephen! Come BACK! YOU'RE THE BRAKES!!" Ew. Why would my brain do that to me?



music: Animal Collective, Sung Tongs

2 Comments:

Blogger DD said...

I think you are living my nightmare! And Stephen is the brakes... I mean SERIOUSLY, let us not shit ourselves.

3/4/06 6:23 AM  
Blogger Duncan Idaho said...

Josh: why do you make me cry?

8~D

"Dear Prudence let me see your smile
Dear Prudence like a little child
The clouds will be a daisy chain
So let me see your smile again
Dear Prudence won't you let me see you smile"


-Duncan

5/4/06 12:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home