03 February, 2005

the ocean doesn't want me today

So... I finally saw the Piano. Stayed away from that one for years, but Hava's film class watched it Wednesday and I went along. It was stunningly beautiful at first, up until the moment I knew all along was coming, at which point "it's only a movie" meant nothing and YES like a little kid I closed my eyes. Oh, and I liked the ending. By which I mean the part 5 minutes before the credits, where the movie should have stopped.

I already decided that if I ever had my own religion, its sacred rites would include hot showers and (somehow) blue sky; this morning I had to add something: cold water on your face first thing in the morning. Also green tea will have to go in there somewhere... but back to the point, so simple, so refreshing. I also decided, with cold water running off my face, that we have to go to more guest lectures from interesting, intelligent people, like Chomsky or Cornell West. I'll have to look up who's coming to Western soon, and UW too - they seem to get some pretty interesting speakers. Meh, we'll see.

Current Music:John Coltrane, Coltrane's Sound


Look! Fountain Children!

2 Comments:

Blogger FM Hradek said...

Hey, I went skating once around that fountain! heheh fell a few times and retired the skates. :)

Incidentaly, I am drinking green tea as I sit here reading your blog. What are the chances?

Speakers aye? I wish I had more time on my hands.

See ya!

3/2/05 3:17 PM  
Blogger josh p said...

Awesome! I figured you'd know the scene. Also, I just couldn't get by without the green, or as i like to call it, green tar. It makes colors brighter. And finally: I'll definitely let you know whatever speakers are in town that I hear about, it would be great if we all could do stuff like that!

4/2/05 2:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home