04 October, 2007

blinded by the light

Yesterday, on my lunch break in a state between waking and food-nap, I had an epiphany about Bruce Springsteen. Yes, I was listening to Greetings from Asbury Park NJ, and I got that quintessentially Springsteen feeling, the nietzschean amor fati feeling that sure the world is dark & dirty but however much things in the world suck there's no reason not to be fucking exuberant about everything anyway. And well -- it's hard to descibe this without sounding like a totally arrogant ass -- often, I feel almost guilty that this feeling is like second nature to me, like if everybody were just a little more like me (er, like Bruce?), there would be less genocide. But as I realized, from ages 0-6 I was totally inundated with the music of The Boss, which when you think about it, explains it all. This was my epiphany, that Bruce Springsteen is, in a very real and literal sense, my own Personal Savior.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Revved up like a deuce,
another runner in the night

Amen

4/10/07 3:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This picture of the boss reminds me of Braden. Seriously. It's there.

::crosses self::
O-o-ooh I'm on fire.

Amen

11/10/07 7:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home