19 July, 2006

memento mori

Gonna be hot again, soon. Weather on the offensive: seek water.

Monday was the funeral of my cousin's husband Josh. That was very difficult, I can only try (feebly) to imagine how much more so for Shannon. If this year hadn't already brought new life then I'm not sure I'd feel as safe about the balance of things on a large scale. And still, not too secure in that area; 2 years ago (on the 31st), I played the piano at that guy's wedding. Can't quite get over that. Hm.

Otherwise life is very good - Braden's birthday party was a smash, at least, I was pretty smashed. His friends ended up doing a roast for him later in the night, we drug out an old dresser for a podium, and he sat in the chair as everyone took turns saying some very funny shit. And yesterday H & I drove around Tacoma for hours and ended up seeing A Scanner Darkly, which was very strange and therefore very enjoyable. Yes, even despite Keanu.

Not much else to report. Running 3 miles most days lately, so colors are brighter and my brain works with me instead of against me. Sometimes. And that's fun.

1 Comments:

Blogger FM Hradek said...

My sincere condolences and simultaneous congrats for running 3 miles!

21/7/06 11:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home