10 May, 2006

"Le père de mon père est mon grand-père."

What an incredibly compressed weekend. I'm just now getting over the effects of the time dilation that apparently results from being so "productive" in so short a time. Saturday morning I worked 9am-1, then H & I drove down to Tacoma to meet Braden and welcome Anna home, have drinks with H's mom & dinner with my mom and eventually, escapades with Hava's radiator. B & I built a fire in the backyard pit while the girls handled that situation masterfully. After the 8-hour dead sleep it was breakfast again with mom, pestering Jerry at work and a literally awe-some phone-call from MH, informing me of the details of the birth of his son. So weird, and so spectacular.

French midterm today, it was awesome. Question: I've been practicing at work by repeating "the brother of my father is my uncle, the mother of my mother is my grand-mother..." and it's driving me batshit crazy how familiar it feels. Was there an anime or something where a character repeated that? Somebody help, please.

music: Paco De Lucia, Al Di Meola, John McLaughlin, The Guitar Trio

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home