16 November, 2005

we burn the fat off our souls (beta 0.01)

Monday night H&I saw Jarhead; very recommended, made me oh so glad I didn't join the Marines. Not that I thought I could make it, I'm just not adaptable 100% of the time. Although a great deal of the movie is about exactly that - Jake Gyllenhaal (a.k.a to Hava, Professor Beefcake, DDS) is pissed off that he joined, actually he has some anger issues. I had another, much longer, and heavier write-up of the movie, but it's the kind that I don't know if it'll ever really be finished, so maybe you'll see an "update" here at some point. Dunno. Anyway, visually amazing, emotionally engaging. Best Gulf-war movie ever made. I give it 328 tentacles (face-ticles?) of the Great Cthulhu in all.

PS. See today's Lynchcast. I was gonna write up the Lynch thing too, but that'll have to wait until I finish my draft I'm working on for 2 classes, both of which will give me credit. HAHA! Woo. Ahhh.

myusick: GY!BE, Yanqui u.x.o

2 Comments:

Blogger FM Hradek said...

Hey, if you enjoyed the movie you should (and well, with how you are talking; must) read the book. The author is the marine and its an amazing evaluation of self and surroundings. The movie actually came no where near what the book acheived on that level.

FYI, but then again, you may already know this and I simply missed it because I am ass tired.

17/11/05 9:35 AM  
Blogger josh p said...

Hahaha, no man, I was not aware of that - thanks! I'll check it out, for sure.

17/11/05 10:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home