13 September, 2005

as ye sow, so shall ye reap free music

Yesterday I got a horrible sinking feeling as I discovered my "new great music!" directory, which consists of all mp3's I've downloaded since roughly June of last year, was corrupted. Well, I told myself, it's not like I paid for those albums - I probably deserve it. But among those 26G there was so much rare (or, cough, expensive) music... 2 Morrissey singles box sets, Tom Waits Scarecrows & Hummingbirds box, the Beck Elliott Smith memorial, and all my John Zorn, not to mention my overloaded single-song directory. What a waste.

Well anyway today I restarted my computer, and a screen came up I'd never seen before, the XP Chkdsk utility. As it happened, while we were down in Seattle for the funeral our power flickered, which must have interrupted a download or screwed up some internal checksum. Anyway it's all fixed now, and all my stolen watermelon tastes better than ever.

music: Fantômas, Kenneth Anger Tribute

1 Comments:

Blogger FM Hradek said...

Yikes! That must have been the horniest sigh of fuckin relief I have ever experienced!

I'm happy for ya man. :)

14/9/05 10:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home